Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mr. Breakfast says, "Eat your oatmeal!!"

I found the coolest site today. www.MrBreakfast.com. I found this by googling oatmeal because 1. Oatmeal is supposed to be VERY good for you and 2. I don't really like it and I was looking for inspiration to keep eating it and ideas to spice it up so to say. Anyway, oatmeal IS quick and easy and healthy. It's also said to be good for your breast milk supply which let's face it is dwindling now that Santino is 10 months old and really only nursing about 4 times a day. So I'm thinking of getting a box of Quaker instant oatmeal. I don't really care for any of the traditional flavors, raisins and spice, apple, maple, banana, blah, blah, blah. It's all gross. Mr. Breakfast suggested adding nuts. I love walnuts so I'm going to buy a bag of chopped and add a tablespoon or so. He also suggested adding a teaspoon or two of your favorite preserves. My favorite just so happens to be strawberry. Stay tuned for a post in the next few weeks about my venture into the realm of healthy oatmeal for breakfast. I'm still sticking with my big breakfast on Saturdays that my husband always cooks. Eggs, breakfast meat, hash browns, English muffins and coffee. It's our thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment