Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#7 Grateful for Music

I grew up in a house with music. I remember my parents playing vinyl albums all the time. They listened to Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Genesis, The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Billy Joel, Mark Knopfler and so much more. I remember being very young and needing a step stool to put a record on the player. I danced around the living room while my mother cleaned and my father was outside cutting the grass. 

Our little family, Ryan, Tino and I, we tend to listen to music only in the car and Tino’s exposed to a wide array of music like Joe Satriani, Clutch, Stone Sour, Tom Waits, Joe Bonamassa, Foster the People and classics like Pink Floyd and Metallica. We’ve made him some CD’s to play in his room while he falls asleep to Enya, Secret Garden, Cold Play and Adele. I hope he grows up to have an appreciation for all music like his mother and father.

I think maybe it's important for us to turn Sesame Street off and turn some music on. There is so much natural talent and practiced skill to be discovered and appreciated in music. It’s really quite beautiful. Plus our son loves to dance. It's hilarious!

Neither Ryan nor I play and instrument. Both of us have always wanted to learn. I hope Tino does one day and I plan on strongly encouraging it.

Today, I’m really grateful for music. It’s an incredible gift.


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment