1 box of yellow rice
1 lb of ground beef1 packet of taco seasoning
1 tbsp of tomato paste (I use the tube kind)
1 can of diced tomatoes w/ green chillies (Do NOT drain)
1 package of cream cheese
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed well
1-1/2 cups of frozen corn
1-1/2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese (inside)
1 box of large shells
Non stick spray
1 can of Enchilada sauce (topping)
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese (topping)
2 - 13x9 pans
1. Cook rice in the microwave or on the stove according to package
2. Brown beef and added seasoning and tomato paste. Do NOT add water as packages instructs.
3. In a large mixing bowl combined tomatoes and cream cheese. Don't worry there will be lumps.
4. Add hot, browned beef mixture. This should help smooth out the cream cheese and make it creamy.
5. Fold in the black beans, corn, rice, and 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
6. Refrigerate mixture.
7. Cook shells according to package.
8. Spray both pans with non stick spray.
9. Stuff each shell with a heaping tablespoon of filling and make a single layer in each pan.
10. Top each shell with one tbsp of Enchilada sauce
11. Sprinkle both pans of stuffed shells with 1 cup of shredded cheese
12. Refrigerate until 40 mins before dinner.
13. Cook for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through
14. Serve with sour cream and green onions (optional)
SOME TEMPTING PICTURES!!
ONE PAN SAUCED
WAITING TO BE SAUCED!
CLOSE UP OF THE CREAMY CHEESY RICE BEEF & BEAN GOODNESS
SAUCE'D & CHEESE'D
A CLOSE UP! HOPE IT TURNS OUT WELL!